Infant & Toddler Parent Support Group
- Category Respite
- December 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Deb Curry, Director of Family Services
- (303) 377-9732 x117
- Organizer Email
- Anchor Center for Blind Children
- 2550 Roslyn Street
- Google Map
- Add to calendar
- Google Calendar
- iCal Export
One event on September 24, 2018 at 11:00am
One event on October 8, 2018 at 11:00am
One event on October 22, 2018 at 11:00am
One event on November 5, 2018 at 11:00am
One event on November 19, 2018 at 11:00am
One event on December 3, 2018 at 11:00am
Anchor Center is proud to partner with with The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver to host: INFANT & TODDLER PARENT SUPPORT GROUP
WHAT: This is a support group for parents navigating emotions surrounding their child’s medical diagnosis and journey, providing:
• Techniques to strengthen self-care as you and your family continue to navigate the needs of your child with medical barriers.
• Space to process your full range of feelings related to your child’s diagnosis and the changes felt in family dynamics.
• Tools to help strengthen your parent-child bond and foster family cohesiveness.
• Decreased feelings of isolation through engagement in therapy group and forming relationships with other parents navigating medical, school, and mental health systems.
WHEN: 11:00am – 12:00pm on 9/10, 9/24, 10/8, 10/22, 11/5, 11/19, 12/3
WHERE: Anchor Center for Blind Children
COST: The cost is $25 per group and payments are payable to “The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver.Medicaid and private pay options available.
RSVP: RSVP to Deb Curry at email@example.com
BIO OF SUPPORT GROUP THERAPIST:
Melissa is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Certified Systemic Sand Play Therapist and is the clinical director at The Child and Family Therapy Center of Denver. Melissa completed her Masters of Social Work in 2010 from the University of Denver with a certificate in Interpersonal Trauma. Her undergraduate studies were focused on Psychology and health education. Melissa has provided significant years of support focusing on children and adults that are journeying thru complex illness, ensuring that families have the safe space to process thru their emotions and feel empowered and honored in a holistic sense. Melissa specializes in therapeutic support working thru grief, loss, and trauma with children and families.