Every gift matters. Help fund the future for our children and families.
Once you start giving back, you know it’s the right thing to do…and it gets so much easier when you stop by Anchor Center to see those little kids.John S., Donor
With your generous support, children who are blind or visually impaired will receive critical education, therapies, and hope for a better future.
We Are Asher
Amy and Simon, parents of Asher, share their family's story of how their grief has transformed into hope for their son's future.
"When Asher was born we heard a lot of 'he won't' and 'he will never be able to'... At 3 weeks old we walked with Asher into Anchor Center for Blind Children and immediately knew we had come to the right place. His world is now full of 'he can' and 'he will'.
COLORADO CHILD CARE CONTRIBUTION CREDIT
Your cash contribution to Anchor Center for Blind Children qualifies for a 50% Colorado Child Care Contribution Credit. Anchor Center donors (including individuals, estates, trusts, partnerships, and corporations) who file a Colorado state tax return are eligible to claim the credit for qualifying contributions they make during the given calendar year.
What you receive:
- Half of your qualifying monetary donation is offset dollar-for-dollar against your Colorado income taxes. Please note that stock or other securities and in-kind gifts, such as labor or equipment, are not eligible but may qualify for other tax benefits.
- In addition you can deduct your full qualifying contribution on your federal and state income taxes if you itemize deductions.
- In the case of donations associated with events, only the deductible portion of your payment, reduced by the value of goods or services received, is eligible. You will be advised of the net amount eligible for the credit.
- A decrease in the after-tax cost of gifts by more than 50%
- The great feeling of knowing your gift is making an impact for Anchor’s children and families while providing donor friendly tax benefits for your charitable giving goals.
At the end of each year we will mail you the necessary form to claim the credit for all qualifying gifts received during that calendar year. Donors should contact their tax advisor for advice regarding how to apply the credit as information here is not considered tax advice. For more information please visit the Colorado Department of Revenue Bulletin.
Questions? Contact our Development team for more information.