Anchor Center to stay closed the remainder of the school year.
In accordance with Governor Jared Polis’ current school closure mandate and the complete closure of all Denver metro area school districts for the remainder of the academic year, we too have made the difficult decision to temporarily pause our center-based…
In accordance with Governor Jared Polis’ current school closure mandate and the complete closure of all Denver metro area school districts for the remainder of the academic year, we too have made the difficult decision to temporarily pause our center-based programming through June or until further notice. At this time, we do plan to hold our traditional summer programming beginning in July.
And, while our doors are closed for now, please know that we are continuing to reach, teach, and support our community in new and innovative ways. In response to the epidemic, our organizational leaders and exceptional team of teachers and therapists have swiftly adapted our specialized educational programming for children and families through:
- Increased virtual learning opportunities, including telehealth therapy sessions;
- Online educational resources and activity recommendations for at-home learning
- A tailored, curbside “lending library” of classroom supplies, reading material (e.g., books in braille), assistive technology devices, and therapy equipment; and
- Regular informative updates and supportive communication via email and social media and
- The establishment of a Family Resource Aid Fund to help our families who are struggling with food insecurity, transportation issues, and meeting other basic needs.
I’m sure you all share my sadness and disappointment. Our staff is committed to providing learning opportunities and resources for our students and families. We will continue to communicate with you as we navigate the next two months and keep providing you with many different resources, which are updated weekly. And reach out directly to the staff with any questions, concerns, or feedback. We want to hear how you’re doing!
I hope this message finds you safe and healthy. We miss seeing you and your children, but look forward to staying connected in the coming months!
Meghan S. Klassen, M.Ed.