Individual Respite Volunteer - our families need you!
Everything you need to know to get started
We are currently recruiting for the following Respite Volunteer positions:
- Respite Orientation and Lead Volunteer(s): Provides orientation, manages staff’s training to nursing students/supervising play buddy volunteers, acts as point person during family welcoming timeframe and provides support to attending staff members throughout the night (including pottying).
- Supervising Play Buddies: act as “fun specialist,” by providing childcare for Anchor Center siblings (typically children 2 through 8 years old) while their parents/caregivers enjoy a night/day out.
- Pre + Post Respite Set Up: Sets up before respite events start, arriving 45 minutes prior to scheduled event start times. Sets up activities, then transitions into a respite floater for the remaining time. An hour before the event ends begins the cleanup process, helps facilitate and directs necessary clean up.
- Friday, November 8: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Monday – Wednesday, November 25-27: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
- Friday, January 10: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, January 24: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, February 14: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, February 28: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, March 13: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Wednesday – Friday, March 25 – 27: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
- Friday, April 10: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, April 24: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, May 8: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, May 22: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Monday-Wednesday, June 15-17: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
- Monday- Wednesday, June 22-24: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
Respite volunteers work directly with children and, therefore, must follow a specific procedure for approval before they can begin volunteering with us. Here’s everything you need to know.
Create a Volgistics Account. Follow this link to view the volunteer opportunities and, when you are ready to get started, you will create an account to begin. *If you already have a Volgistics account, please login and self-schedule.
Complete your application. Submit your application via your Volgistics account and it will be automatically submitted to our Volunteer Manager.
Complete an online background check. If your volunteer application is approved, you will receive an email from Verified Volunteers, our background check company. This is an online background check that must be submitted at least 7 days prior to your first day of volunteering and you must be CLEARED at least 24 hours before the start date of your first day.
Attend an orientation. You will be required to attend an orientation in advance of your first volunteer opportunity. Orientations usually occur about two hours before the start of respite.
Anchor Center's Volunteer Program and Administrative Services Manager, Sarah Rice, is here to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions, please contact her at 303-377-9732 x 110 or email@example.com.