We encourage families to see the potential in each child.
Comprehensive. Holistic. Complete.
We provide education, caring support and connections that last a lifetime.
Anchor Center encourages families.
Families are welcomed in a safe atmosphere that embraces each individual’s journey. Care is always given to encouraging open communication and sharing in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
Educational opportunities for families at Anchor Center include:
- Parent Centers addressing child development and unique challenges in supporting a child with special needs
- Parent Pull-Out sessions for Infant and Toddler families with topics ranging from development to sleep challenges
- Preschool Coffees featuring open discussion, friendship with current and alumni families and community professionals
- Programming on topics relating to diagnoses, self-care, and transitions
- An on-site library of child development and vision related resources
Super Sibling Program
Our Super Sibling Program honors the bonds siblings 3 months to 5 years old have with their brother or sister.
Anchor Center understands the unique relationship of having a family member who is blind or visually impaired.
Children attend classroom-based activities with other siblings during regular program time weekly. We provide the tools and education necessary to learn in a safe and meaningful environment.
Anchor Center Compass Program
“Families Guiding Families” is at the heart of the Anchor Center Compass program.
A family-led organization, members work together to build educational and social support offerings for families. We encourage family connections to enhance the Anchor Center experience.
Anchor Night Watch Respite Program
Everyone needs time for self-care.
Anchor Center puts families and caregivers first with our Anchor Night Watch Respite Program. Typically held the first Friday of each month in partnership with the Denver School of Nursing, we strengthen families.
Anchor Center students and siblings up to age 13 may attend this evening of fun, integrated activities. We offer a ratio of one student nurse to two children, ensuring safety and attentive care. To participate and for more information, families should register electronically on our Events Calendar.