Nurse Respite Volunteer - our families need you!
Everything you need to know to get started
We are currently recruiting for Nurse/Student Nurse Respite Volunteers for the following dates:
- Friday, November 8: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Monday – Wednesday, November 25-27: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
- Friday, January 10: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, January 24: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, February 14: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, February 28: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, March 13: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Wednesday – Friday, March 25 – 27: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
- Friday, April 10: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, April 24: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, May 8: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Friday, May 22: Night Watch 5pm – 9pm
- Monday-Wednesday, June 15-17: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
- Monday- Wednesday, June 22-24: School Break Respite 10am – 2pm
***If you are not currently a school that has an Affiliation Agreement please submit an online inquiry form. Our Volunteer Program Manager will then follow up in regards to next steps. ***
Respite volunteers work directly with children and, therefore, must follow a specific procedure for approval before they can begin volunteering with us. Here’s everything you need to know.
Step 1: New affiliation inquiries need to submit an inquiry via our online form.
Step 2: School Coordinators should contact Anchor Center’s Volunteer Program Manager to coordinate and confirm needs and placement availability. Once confirmed, a student roster should be provided to Volunteer Program Manager.
Step 3: Once scheduling and placements are confirmed, all expected attending nursing students and supervisors must submit our online Nursing Student Authorization, Waiver and Release & Confidentiality Form before attending orientation on event dates.
Step 4: You will be required to attend an orientation in advance of your first volunteer opportunity. Orientations usually occur about two hours before the start of respite.
Anchor Center's Volunteer Program and Administrative Services Manager, Sarah Rice, is here to help you every step of the way. If you have any questions, please contact her at 303-377-9732 x 110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.